Academy for Inquiry-Based Learning (AIBL)
- The Academy is an association of professors, instructors, teachers and non-teaching supporters (such as retired professors having substantial IBL experience, administrators, foundation personnel) who are committed to developing and disseminating guided inquiry based learning (IBL) techniques.
The Initiative for Mathematics Learning by Inquiry (MLI)
- Founded in 2016 MLI, a public foundation, has as its mission strengthening the mathematical preparation of all students, with particular emphasis on those in the critical period of the first two years of post-secondary education.
- Project NExT, a
national program for new or recent Ph.D's in the mathematical sciences who are
interested in improving the teaching and learning of undergraduate
mathematics. The Legacy of R.L. Moore Project is a supporter of
- The Discovery
Learning Project at the University of Texas at Austin promotes the
development and use of discovery or inquiry-based methods of teaching and
learning. It is supported by the Educational Advancement Foundation.
- The Mathematical Association of America’s Committee on the Undergraduate
Program in Mathematics has developed the CUPM
Curriculum Guide 2015. Its extensive list of Illustrative Resources
includes Inquiry-Based Learning references.
- The Journal of Inquiry-Based Learning in
Mathematics includes more than 1800 pages of inquiry-based course materials available for download and use.
- The UTeach program at the University of Texas at Austin is a partnership of the College
of Natural Sciences, the College of Education and the Austin Independent
School District, and provides teacher education intended to increase the
number and diversity of competent mathematics, science, and computer science
students entering the teaching field and assuming positions of educational
leadership in their fields. The Educational Advancement Foundation has been
a supporter of UTeach.
- National Council of Teachers of Mathematics
- Mathematical Association of America
- American Mathematical Society
Legacy of R. L. Moore
[Return to Top]
Comments to the Legacy Webmaster
Revised January 2022.